Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 - Jesus Filled

Not that 2008 has not been an eye-opening year for me when it comes to my Savior. He certainly has showed off in a mighty way! But I am anticipating, welcoming, and thirsting for more of HIM in 2009.

I want to start this New Year off with this verse becomes it speaks volumes of what I feel he is saying directing to me:

Isaiah 43:18-19
Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.

Forget the former things....not that some amazing things have not happened and I shouldn't be thankful for them, BUT, I am going to miss the NEW thing if I dwell on what HE has done in the past. Those "past" things should push me to hunger for the newness of HIM. To want more. To thirst for more until I am quenched by the streams.

Going tomorrow to sing at the Rotary Club meeting. First opportunity of 2009. Lord, keep me focased on what you are doing, this new thing. No matter how small the group, or where I am called, it is all about you and this new thing you are doing.

Jaime

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Again, a powerful scripture verse, especially to start the new year. Blessings!